Spring break has come and gone.
We spent our family vacation in Dillon Beach on Bodega Bay, CA with my husband’s family. Every year, they rent a home that sits midway up the mountain of Oceana Drive. IT IS GORGEOUS.
This quaint little beach town is about 30 minutes west of Petaluma, CA but approximately two hours from us (Lodi). As a SoCal girl, the first thing I will tell you is that this is a cold beach. I usually pitch a fuss about having to wear a jacket on the shore. I know, such a baby. However, our kids love it though and somehow manage to still dip their toes (or depending on which kid) or whole body into the freezing water.
Some of the fun things they enjoy include digging holes, hiking up the mountain, and rolling down the massive sand dune.
If you plan a trip to Dillon Beach you should know a few things:
- It is privately owned by Dillon Beach Resort, but open to the public
- Parking is $8
- If you want to stay overnight, book in advance and you can rest your head at one of their cabins
It was amazing time spent just revelling in the beauty of the coast and closeness of our loved ones. We are forever grateful for the memories we get to make with our babies, and that they get to grow up appreciating these moments of family, creation and fun.
Pictures say a thousand words, so I will leave you with Jeff’s amazing visuals.
Other sights & experiences in the area:
- the California Missions Museum is in Sonoma
- take the family on a tour of the Green String Farm
- Wine tasting at Jacuzzi Family Vineyards
- Try your hand at sailing in Bodega Bay
What are some of your favorite spring break excursions?